Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Working Woman

I did not put on my list of new things to do my first year in Oregon: get a job. Probably because I don't want a job as much as I do want a job. I guess you could put it as, I don't want just any old job. RIght now I'm writing SES applications for companies that want to provide Title I tutoring services. Each state has a different application. It's work I can do, but I can't exactly say that it's the kind of work I really want to do. Frankly, it makes me appreciate arts fundraising. At least I'm writing about something that excites me, something that I love!

One of the things I'm in process with is doing The Artists Way workbook. I've had the book for at least five years, but I've never actually taken the time to do it. Now I am in week three! I feel quite accomplished, having gotten up every morning and written my three pages (the morning pages). Now that I'm working, I also have to fit into my morning a walk with Bella. I really enjoy our strolls through the neighborhood and everything that we see. Recent wonders include doors strategically leaned up against shrubberies. We have spotted two so far. We have not tried to open one yet...

No comments: