Thursday, August 28, 2008

Moving

Well, I have hinted at it for some time. Now it is a certainty. My time on Judy Branch is coming to a close. I have loved this place so much. I get a big lump in my throat when I realize that I must say goodbye to my sweet home at the head of the holler. It has kept me warm, given me food and family and watched over my baby critters as they have explored their ancestral wild instincts. When I get back home, I will have to begin packing and letting go.

But it's not all tears and heartache! Bella, Sid, Rosie, Beulah and I have a great big adventure ahead of us. We've got a house waiting for us in the great Pacific Northwest. There's a lot of miles between Judy Branch and our new home, so getting out will be an adventure in itself. And once we get here, we'll all have a pile of new experiences to sort through!

More later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Judy Branch bids a fond farewell to Lil Birdie.