Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Just Breathe

Judy Branch is coming alive with plants growing and bugs coming out of hibernation. Do those buzzing creatures actually hibernate? It's a sight at the mouth of the hollow to see the variety of flowering trees and then to come toward the head and be nearly blinded by the bright forsynthia. I love being able to keep the windows open both during the day and at night (well, not tonight). I know that I'm going to have to move on to a new place sometime soon, but the thought of leaving Judy Branch now that spring has started to work its magic is just about unbearable. I know this about myself: I get way too deeply attached. It's so hard to leave. But I also know that once I get to my new home, it takes no time before I fall deeply in love with that place. I'm a nester. It's really hard for me to uproot and leave my nest, but I relish in flight and in the act of building a new nest.

So where will I fly off to and where will I find a place to make my nest? It's thrilling and terrifying and exhausting, and pretty soon I will have to choose a direction to fly - even if I don't know where it will take me.

No comments: